Thursday, July 21, 2011

Kenya


Today I cried when I saw this picture of my son in Kenya sitting with a little boy from the Nairobi Childrens Home. My Heart aches for the children that reside there, and their terrible terrible stories. My heart also aches for my son. He LOVES kids and is very gifted in relating to and caring for them. He looked so happy to be there with those kids, to have the opportunity to share in their lives so that they may if even for only a day feel the love of another human being who took the time to care but in his face was the look of his heart being ripped out at the realization of what these children had and were going through and in his 16 year old mind, and being from a Country where the worst possible thing is your parents not buying you a treat when you go out shopping, or having to take the garbage out or do the dishes, I imagine it was horrific to hear the stories of these children and see them alone with no one to love and guide them as we and the many trusted people do for him and his siblings.
So today I thank God for the realization, and I pray he put peace in my son's heart, Understanding in his mind, and continue to grow love in his soul!

1 comment:

  1. To be honest, I have to applaud not only your son, but YOU. I've been trying to imagine having my boy be on the other side of the planet when he's 16 and I'd be terrified. I know that Keanu is with a church group, but even that must be scary. I'm glad that you raised such a well-rounded lad and that alone gives me much hope for the future of our world. :)

    Way to go, Debbie and Keanu!

    ReplyDelete