Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Best kind of Love!!


So yesterday was the best and Longest kind of day! The kind of day where you wait for someone very special to you to begin the journey into motherhood. Knowing that her experience will be unique, and amazing as it ends with her falling in love for the very first time, the love that is up until that very moment unmatched by anything else in the living world... The Birth of the very first baby.
My Nephew met his ex-girlfriend, and they became pregnant fairly quickly, and they struggled quite a bit trying to get to know one another, and prepare for parenthood. Everyone as you can imagine has an opinion. I hope and pray that one day they are able to work it through, that they are able to be together, however their relationship is not what this post is about.
Katelynne was accepted as my niece from the very day I met her, shy and quiet. It is tough when someone is brought into a family, and you begin to care for them, and the relationship ends, I personally do not feel like because they broke up, I should have to break up with her, a break in that closeness would not only affect her and I, but my children who both love and adore her, and now the relationship and closeness that I will have with my baby great niece. Some family find it difficult to process, and get angry because I "take Katelynne's side" But if they thought about life logically, I am on BOTH sides, I Love both Katelynne and Kelly, but right is right and wrong is wrong, and that is where I place my vote, see all of this in the last 3 months has not been about Katelynne or Kelly, it has been about them making the choices that would be in the best interest of their daughter... And my advice reflected that, regardless of who it seemed to favor... I just wish I had, had some member in our family close enough to tell me things too, because then perhaps I wouldn't have gone through many of the mistakes that a young person makes stumbling through life alone... mistakes that were learned from, but never let go of as for points of passing judgement for family, even when you have grown up and said family has not been a part of your life for more than a half an hour visit once every 6 months. Again, this story is not so much of they family dynamic as far as my siblings and I or their imported spouses.
The story is of the miracle of Birth, and it's sacredness, it's proof that life will continue, and that there is indeed a heaven, something far greater than we all are, and should be a reminder that life is a wonderful and amazing gift, and no matter what path this tiny person chooses to venture throughout her life, she is a special and amazing being, sent here from heaven to bless us, to remind us, and at no time in her life should she ever have to worry about negativity, or hate, never should she ever through any mistakes that she will inevitably make in her lifetime be judged or made to feel as less than... She encompasses a truth that should carry her through her life not just while she is little. Welcome to the World My Precious little Great-Niece Karissa May Sherwood.... Jan 2/2012 @11:23 pm 7lbs 2oz, 19 inches long! May God be with you and with your Beautiful Momma Katelynne and your Proud Daddy Kelly, as they explore what your life means to them and how they will be towards one another. Whether together or apart You are Loved dearly by both of them and all your crazy family!

No comments:

Post a Comment